My Fox Problem

I just had a thought! I was noticing this morning that the radio I have for my fox (and the rest of them) deterrent is playing right towards the area where the trap is. That might be why I'm not catching any animal that likes cat food (besides my stupid dog). I will reposition the radio a different direction and see what happens. If the radio is working as a deterrent that's great! Though I would feel a little easier if I caught the fox...

So far the only thing we are attracting is flies....No fox. I've been starting to see the rabbits are hanging around out in the open again. I can only hope he's wizened up to be scared of humans and not out waiting to return to it's McChickens. I'm thinking of letting them out tomorrow and sit with them all the time, with my eagle eyes:yiipchick
Yes, sit out there with them....along with a .22 so you can shoot the scumbag if he shows up....and he will eventually. Sadly, once they get a taste for McChicken they are relentless. I wish you all the best....

The only way I was able to save our birds is keep them in large pens to graze in and lock up at night. I think those electric plastic moveable fences are good and know several people who use those successfully.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Outfoxing a fox is not easy.

Well it's been a week of me sitting with the peeps. They are so thrilled to be out again and eat grass, clover, bugs and what have you. Oh, and the dust bath spa is in full use! In the beginning they were all huddled together, which much easier for me to relax and read. But now they try to scatter in several directions, that not relaxing nor reading. Im having to get up and guide them away wherever the fox could watching and hiding. Absolutely no sign of the little bugger. I'm really suspecting the radio NPR that has been intimidating or scarring off the fox and frankly the rest of the wildlife around the barn yard. But I am still worried for how long. I set a timer for two hours of chicken watching. I've got my old system down again. My music (I can't read when there is talking, especially during Science Friday), my books and or chicken magazines, my chair, and of course a refreshment of some sort. It is giving me the time to watch my birds interacting again. Unforneately winter is coming and it will be a little less fun though..

I will refresh the trap and see what will come. Perhaps he/she has actually moved on to where more wildlife that is out at my property. Probably wishfull thinking though.

Back
Top Bottom