My free craigslist find....

I dont get it
hu.gif

Quote:
you are correct,faults dont hurt the meat and goat meat IS VERY GOOD,however I would NOT eat him: 1) unless you have a meat grinder to make ground meat or sausage he will be tough as leather. 2) the way his front legs smell will probably play a role in the taste of the meat
sickbyc.gif

these are just things I noticed when we butchered a goat of the same age.

now if he was wethered that would be anlother story
droolin.gif

Crazy I know but people around here buy them still just for that, if not they will at auction. Him and my saanen buck are going at it through the fence. I think they would mate with each other if they could reach or try at least. I moved the new buck or he is gonna ram the fence down. The new buck when doing that to the fence was foaming at the mouth too.

Quote:
I would say so. He's flehmening and peeing on them in the photo.

lol I did not know he was peeing in that pic till today I seen him doing the same thing and noticed him peeing. I was too busy trying to get a pic cause I thought what his nose thing would be a good picture lol. I go back and look today and he is peeing. I think they got rid of him too now cause he is in rut and getting old. He better not try and mess with me, when I try to trim his feet up. The front right is so long he walks funny, his whole foot leans over. I might try to find someone to trim him, cause he is gonna need a lot trimmed and I am no expert on that.

He is very nice.
But I am betting he is older than 4, his horns are very long for a 4 yr old Boer. We raise them.
As far as worming him, please dont until you check and see if he needs wormed. Pull down his eyelid and if it's pretty pink- no worms. If it is white=worms. I haven't wormed my goats in over 3 years except the Mama's after they have kid's.

People here use wormer and antibiotics too much and they are not effective, learned that from an Old Tymer and he was right. Mine are very healthy. Have beautiful kids every year.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
OMGosh yes he smells to high heaven and the smell won't go away on my hands....I wash several times too. I have been putting washing first, then using rubbing alcohol, and then wash again. I will need lotion. I told my husband I was putting gloves on everytime I go out there but not been working that way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom