My fridge eggs are developing! ( update - pip and chirping! ) PICS!!!

Here he is dry and a little more fluffed.....

pipandhatchFeggs035.jpg

He was very lonely and peeping constantly ( his pipped sibling got about 1/2 way through hatching and did not make it) so for the momnert until another hatches I have him in a brooder with a 3 week old silkie baby. They are getting along very well, the silkie lets him snuggle and hide underneath it even. He seems happier with another chick.

pipandhatchFeggs046.jpg

pipandhatchFeggs048.jpg

pipandhatchFeggs048.jpg

I am thinking of naming him Eskimo Pie, lol.

Well, I'm not sure, probably once he started feathering in I imagine, He appears to be a splash to me. He is pretty much all white except for a few bits of black looking down here and there. I have not a clue to what he might be, except that he came from a large brown egg. I imagine he'll turn out to be some kind of cross most likely.

pipandhatchFeggs058.jpg

pipandhatchFeggs056.jpg

Thanks, I do have one more trying to hatch, but it's taking forever and not making much of an effort anymore. I'm beginning to doubt it will survive. On an "up" note I'm also on day 19 for another batch of silkie and mixed babies - I'm sure SOMETHING will hatch to be a friend for him - he needs to hang out with kids closer to his own age, lol. He's a well behaved guy - doesn't peep much and amuses himself mostly. He is eating and drinking well.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom