My Frizzle is 100% All ROO!! (Updated Page 4)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Teresaann24, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Ok this is Mr. Frizzle He usally looks alot better then this but he stood in the rain and is a little damp he looks alot better when he is dry and free ranging while I watch him but here in Ky the weather has been awful so they have been kept up.

Anyways I was wondering if he is indeed a roo. He is about 5 months old and has a single comb but has no wattles. However while I was looking at him while he was wet he looks as if he has those saddle looking feathers IDK anyways its hard to tell when he is all frizzled out. He is not as frizzled as I have seen some mostly just at the tips of all his feather are turned upwards.

Here is some pics of him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I think he may be a she. I'd call it Pat for now [​IMG]

3. NICE BIRD !!! what is that a sizzle ?

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I got him from Tom of kentuckysilkies when he was younger I posted pics to ask if he was a he. Everyone said he was a he.

But he is 5 months and no wattles and the same age white roo I have in the cage with him mounts him and does his rooter dance towards him thats why I thought Mr Frizzle was not a mister but a Misses but still am unsure.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Anybody eles wanna help me out here?

6. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    looks henish to me.

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    What has me confused is those pointy looking feathers down the back of his neck Roo feathers? I never noticed they was pointy like that untill he was damp looking those usally curl upwards.

But at 5 months he should have wattles right? Unless he is just slowly marturing???

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:If the roo is mounting and doing the dance you definitely have a hen there.

9. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Rooster FOR SURE

10. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    With no wattles?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by