My turn! Pullet or cockerel

wisecane

Chirping
Aug 9, 2022
Hi all!

I have my first set of Straight run chicks that I'm rearing and now I'm at the point of trying to decide hen/roo on some.

They were all sold to me as BBS Ameraucanas. 9 came from one place and 4 another.

The splash/blue are from a breeder (9).

The 3 black and one oddball came from another. The oddball is NOT an Ameracauna but looks like he has it in him (pretty sure he's a roo).

The black/odd is 9-10 weeks and the splash/blue are 8-9 weeks.

Anyway here goes:

Oddball: curious as to what you think he's mixed with. Blue legs, but feathered.

chick 2.jpg

Black 1

chick 3.jpg

Black 2

chick 9.jpg

Black 3 note: this one has one striking white wing feather on each side, you can see it if you look close.

chick 10.jpg

Ok now the splash and blue

Splash 1

Chick 1.jpg

splash 2

chick 4.jpg

Splash 3

chick 5.jpg

splash 4 left blue 1 right (oddball in back lol)

chick 6 left chick 7 right.jpg

Splash 5

chick 8.jpg

If it's too early to tell, i'll try again in a month or so.

Thanks in advance!

They are all looking like pullets except the first one, maybe keep an eye on splash 1 because the comb is a little on the pink side for the age. Not sure what the first one is crossed with though.

Oddball and Splash 1 are the only cockerels that I see.
Thank you!

I bought both batches as straight runs, and they're my first. All others were sexed.

Watching them grow and develop has been so enjoyable, and the suspense of not knowing who is who keeps my wife and I happy.

We're keeping two roosters, and I'm hoping to get at least one pure Ameraucana out of the batch. My wife has already declared oddball to be safe lol.

Back
Top Bottom