My garden

SarahBeth9394

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
I have been harvesting tomatoes and zucchini for weeks and my but my green beans are taking forrrrevvvveerrrrrrrrrrr. Waaaa I am ready for them now. lolol

With the soggy Spring we had, I was 3 weeks late getting my garden in. I've picked a few squash so far, & I'm SOOOOO READY for fresh tomatoes!!!
droolin.gif

We have the luxury of three growing seasons, spring, summer, and fall.
We had great peas, asparagus, cabbage, brocolli, beets, lettuce, spinach, collards, onions and potatoes for the spring garden. The carrots are carrying over. Didn't can any poke this year....too hot.

For summer, just now picking squash, but the cantalopes, watermelon, cucumbers are blooming. Tomatoes and peppers are not setting fruit in the 100 + temps we are having so I'm resorting to using BloomSet. Did pick one beautiful tomato we enjoyed for lunch today.
Corn is tasseling now and the sweet potatoes are running. The lima beans, whipperwill peas, purple hull and shell beans are up along with the summer planted fall potatoes. My MIL planted too much okra this year so I didn't have to plant any. We trade our veggies. Hubby doesn't like green beans so I trade squash for green beans with a neighbor. We will have pears soon, but the late freezes got the rest of the fruit.

The fall garden will have more carrots, the fall potatoes, brussel sprouts and more lettuce, brocolli and of course the pumpkins and butternut squash and anything that continues to produce from the summer plantings.

Back
Top Bottom