My geese are laying eggs!!! Brown Chinese

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
My brown chinese have gotten "active" with each other and are now laying eggs again.

I'm in a quandry ---- do I hatch or sell.

Hubby says with over 20 geese to sell the eggs.

Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

Update - geese are still laying. Filled one order and filling another but will be able to fill a third if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Last edited:
Where are you located.
Are the geese setting on the eggs yet???
If not you can always sell as cooking/eatting eggs. Only reason I say that is because it's been getting pretty cold here(where I live) and I know our geese would probably not sit right now. Just a suggestion.

I guess unless you are going to incubate the eggs yourself, the temps outside might not affect the babies as much.

Take this for what its worth but our geese started laying too. They are white enbdems I didnt know fwhat to do eithr. I asked a friend of ours who runs a goose rescue farm and also raises his own what to do. He said that fwe should discourage them from becoming broody and to not incubate the eggs. He says the offspring will be inferior and defective. They are doing this because of the light change and wil stop if discouraged. We took the nest and eggs away each day and they stopped aafter a week or so. Just my opinion but its something to think about.

Quote:
Just curious, why would they be inferior and defective??
idunno.gif

Just because the goose are laying, does not mean they are mating.

Like any of my peahens, when they lay this time of the year,NONE are fertile.

Just for the record. I've seen them mating but yes, unless you see them, you won't know for sure. Thanks.

By the way I now have 6 eggs and will be willing to sell Please pm if interested. Thanks!

Current 6 eggs are now Sold....They are still laying if anyone still wants eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom