My girl caught her first worm

XAshleyX

Songster
Jul 6, 2022
Connecticut
Just wanted to share because I was so proud! She has a weird neck and I'm happy she's moving around and doing things normally. I treated with vitamin e, vitamin e & a little selenium and her neck is still just like that. Not sure if it's a physical deformity? Or if she just needs longer treatment but either way here are some pictures of them exploring!

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    538.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3486.jpeg
    IMG_3486.jpeg
    906.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    781.6 KB · Views: 2
Aww...what a cutie pie! 💓 I would continue to treat her daily for a few weeks followed by once or twice weekly. Many times birds with weak muscles and or wry neck have difficulty the rest of their lives, especially with absorbing vitamins and minerals. She is adorable, so is your flock! :love

Aww...what a cutie pie! 💓 I would continue to treat her daily for a few weeks followed by once or twice weekly. Many times birds with weak muscles and or wry neck have difficulty the rest of their lives, especially with absorbing vitamins and minerals. She is adorable, so is your flock! :love
Thank you!
Do you recommend I treat her with vitamin E and a little selenium or just vit e? I have 400 iu capsules of vitamin e and the selenium has some vitamin e too.
Thanks!!

I remember those "first" moments. They are great. 😁 I'd like to share a cute story with you. When my youngest chickens were small I began letting them roam the yard a bit with the protection of a portable fence to keep them safe. They were slowly learning to scratch and forage. On the 3rd day one found the 1st worm. The others must have instinctively known it was a prize, because what followed looked like a football game. Tackling and stealing the worm from each other. All except my smallest (a Bantam silkie we call Smalls). She stood still watching like it was of no interest to her. But as soon as the one with worm ran past her she struck, snatching up the worm. Without hesitation she ran straight through the bars of the fence turned around and ate the worm while the others looked on in disbelief. (I was one of the others.) 😆 She must have known the whole time she could escape that fence.

I remember those "first" moments. They are great. 😁 I'd like to share a cute story with you. When my youngest chickens were small I began letting them roam the yard a bit with the protection of a portable fence to keep them safe. They were slowly learning to scratch and forage. On the 3rd day one found the 1st worm. The others must have instinctively known it was a prize, because what followed looked like a football game. Tackling and stealing the worm from each other. All except my smallest (a Bantam silkie we call Smalls). She stood still watching like it was of no interest to her. But as soon as the one with worm ran past her she struck, snatching up the worm. Without hesitation she ran straight through the bars of the fence turned around and ate the worm while the others looked on in disbelief. (I was one of the others.) 😆 She must have known the whole time she could escape that fence.
Lol! I'm treasuring all these "firsts" I love that you were one of "the others" that's too cute!!! Much to my surprise, no one chased her! She was kind of secretive about it though 🥰

Lol! I'm treasuring all these "firsts" I love that you were one of "the others" that's too cute!!! Much to my surprise, no one chased her! She was kind of secretive about it though 🥰
I love the picture of her with the worm in her mouth. She looks so proud! Great catch, for both of you! 😁👍

Thank you!
Do you recommend I treat her with vitamin E and a little selenium or just vit e? I have 400 iu capsules of vitamin e and the selenium has some vitamin e too.
Thanks!!
She needs B vitamins too, they help strengthen the muscles. If you have Selenium then I'd use it along with the vitamin E. If you have any Poultry Cell, this will cover all bases. You can get it here... https://www.chewy.com/rooster-boost...NcR96v6yPiIndFIGEBWelEsaEpkxea3gaAu5uEALw_wcB

She needs B vitamins too, they help strengthen the muscles. If you have Selenium then I'd use it along with the vitamin E. If you have any Poultry Cell, this will cover all bases. You can get it here... https://www.chewy.com/rooster-booster-cell-liquid-vitamin/dp/260017?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12691112293&utm_content=Rooster Booster&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9deiBhC1ARIsAHLjR2DE0DnXX_RvbCA4t5x0b01NcR96v6yPiIndFIGEBWelEsaEpkxea3gaAu5uEALw_wcB
Thank you for your help!

Thank you for your help!
Hi! I stumbled across your post looking for info on my chicken's sudden neck deformation & I just wanted to say be careful w/ supplementation, esp longer term supplementation. I have that Poultry Cell & use it Sparingly as it contains iron & can lead to iron toxicity. The Poultry Cell w/ Lactobacillus has vitamins as well but bc of the salt content & whatever else is only supposed to be given 3-5 days at a time. A lot ppl on here say to feed the E w/ some egg instead of the selenium supplement bc of selenium poisoning. B vitamins are water soluble so excess will get filtered through the kidneys but anything in excess can also tax (damage) the kidneys. Moral being, they're so tiny, best to not go too crazy on the supplementing journey! Hope your lil ones are well. Cute pics!!😊

Back
Top Bottom