My girl cockatiels aren't laying eggs.

I had cockatiels for years, once the pair figured everything out about 3 years old all they wanted to do is raise babies-they were such great parents. I let them raise them and I played with them and they turned out just as sweet as their handfed parents-some breeders wont agree with that but maybe it was because I had plenty of time and only a few birds. Congrats but be careful you can be up to your neck in cockatiels in no time lol

Thanks on the advice about DE. I have some on hand and will use it. I have heard about how 'once they start they don't want to stop' raising chicks that is. The parents are being very friendly lately. The female comes to me regularly and want's up. the male came over and wanted to have his head scratched. The babies are growing like weeds. About 12 to 7 days old now. I still want to bring them inside and put them all in breeding cage. I will wait to see if Mac and Dixie start mating again. It is late in the breeding season so I'm hoping they won't. I really appreciate all the advice and well wishes. I hope to be the one able to giving advice some day.

I have 4 cockatiels 3 females and a male. One female and the male have formed a bond and she has for the last 4yrs laid eggs. ( he is very protective .) But the other two females...... They are about 5 yrs old..one lays eggs without a male the other one has never laid laid an egg..They sit in a cage tog but when she is on eggs I have to separate them as she is so protective..I do not want the eggs to hatch so after about 4days I take the eggs away..The squawk for a few minutes but then get over it..

Back
Top Bottom