1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My girl didn't make it...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickieDee, Jun 20, 2007.

1. ChickieDee

ChickieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    North Central PA
    I don't know how many of you saw my post about the cornish X baby someone shoved in a mail collection box. I've had her since nov. and she was a great girl who gave me the biggest eggs I've ever seen. When it started getting hot I could see she was having trouble. You guys told me how to help her and make her more comfortable and I thank you for that. On monday the heat was just too much for her and she went to sleep and never got back up. It was a sad day for us. She will be missed.

2. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I'm so sorry you lost your precious little one.[​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwww....at least she had a great llife. Cornishx are so hard to handle in the heat. RIP little one.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    so, so sorry. [​IMG]

5. nu2chixinmo

nu2chixinmo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Sturgeon, MO
    I am so so sorry!!!! I have a cornish x (roo) myself, wondering how much longer he is going to be able to handle it. He is only ~ 15 weeks in age, but looks so miserable. He just lays ther and looks as if he is panting like a dog. Once again so sorry for your lose.

6. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    I am so sorry to hear that!! but just think of all the wonderful love and care you gave her before, where would she have been without you?

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm so sorry for your loss...even though they're supposed to be lunch and not last very long, you gave her love and cared for her and she must've known peace and contentment in her short life. Brava!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by