My girl needs help soon. Why does she keep getting sick???

dmmccu1993

Hatching
Jan 27, 2015
ID
I'm really in need of advice for my girl. She's an Ameraucana, she's almost a year old. This is the 3rd time she's been sick since late November. The first time I think she had an impacted crop. She made it through that then got sick again about 6 weeks ago. She had just started laying again for about a week and now she's sick again. This time and last I could not feel the huge, hard crop like the first time she was sick. I've given her electrolytes in her water and put her on medicated chick crumbles. Last time this seemed to do the trick. This time it's not working. She's going downhill. She's so weak. The only symptoms are lethargy, green/dark poo, and she's puffed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ps We have one other chicken and she's never been sick a day.

She's even worse today. I'm afraid she isn't going to pull through this time. I don't even think she's pooping anymore. PLEASE HELP!

I haven't noticed mites. Would they be pretty obvious if she had them? I'm handling her 3-4 times daily. I checked under the feathers around her head and didn't see anything. It's so cold here I can't imagine creepy crawlies this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom