My Girl Ran away! Can anyone answer questions to help me find her?

I found my Rhode Island Red!

Sunday last week we got two Rhode Island Reds.
Tuesday one Rhode Island Red jumped out of the7 foot fence when we were not there and vanished .
Tuesday night i put a poster by my subdivision exit.
Wednesday brings heavy storms and rain all day.
Wednesday night I put a flyer in everyone mailbox.
Sunday night I get a text from a number i don't recognize

"I think i have your chicken."

Sunday night I go over to the address sent to me and pick her up.

Turns out she went to the farm less than a minute east of my subdivision. the property was just purchased is why it took so long to hear back.
The people who purchased the farm were moving in Sunday and had captured her and thought it was an off gift from their father for closing on the farm.
she asked her dad, he had seen a Facebook post about my girl. (some awesome person had made a post on Facebook and uploaded my poster).
the lady then called me.

Conclusion: If your girl runs away and if she is not gotten by a predator, then she might not go too far. Just far enough to find a vacant farm or shelter and hang around.

THANK YOU to everyone who tried to help!!! This is a wonderful community!

D.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
highfive.gif
So glad you found her!! The outcome could have been much worse, that is awesome! You might want to keep your ladies closed up in their coop for a couple of weeks, that is what I always do when we have a change of any kind, like putting new hens in the big girl pen. That way they really get used to the new location where they eat/sleep/lay before they are given any freedom. Once I started doing that I never had any further problems. While I hate to pessimistic, I really was afraid you were going to find a dead hen. So glad that was not the case! Always love to hear of a happy ending!
yesss.gif

Also, for what its worth, it looks like you have a Golden Comet (or gold sex link hen). They are very friendly, inquisitive chickens. I have a few myself and they are definitely Houdini chickens!!! We have one who winds up across the road at the neighbors quite frequently lol!! You may just have Houdini chickens like me!!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because she was a crazy golden comet lol!!

Back
Top Bottom