My 'Girls' and I say "Hi" from IN

PopsChickadee

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 3, 2015
IN
  • Hello, I'm writing from IN. I would like to say 'Hi'
  • We still have questions. It is nice to have a place to go to get answers and advice from others that 'Have been there, Done That' sorta' thing. I was searching through the Internet for sites like this and came upon yours. I thought it was well done and wanted to join.
  • I just recently retired and it makes life a little different. Money has to be spent differently, even time managed differently. Adjustments..... Anyways, we have six in my home. My parents, one in college, one I'm homeschooling now, and one still working, Bless his heart. We think it's important for the girls to be around animals and know how to raise them and to garden. They even like to shoot and use the bow, and look good doing it. I might be a little prejudiced. We currently just have horses, dogs, cats, and chickens. We have had goats and rabbits. Have enjoyed them all.
  • Now, I need to Make Sure My 'Girls' are Comfortable Through the Winter, and We are doing them Right!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

If you are unsure about one of your birds, you can post a pic in our What Breed and Gender section for the forums for a positive ID....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thank You, I will check that out. When they were laying I wasn't sure if both of them were laying. They are not productive layers. To have others help identify it would be very helpful. Thank you, again.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on the What Breed or Gender is This? section. I am also recently retired (for 6 years now). We homeschooled our children, and now my daughter is following in our footsteps with my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I'm also "out to pasture," and have to do some hard thinking - deciding between need & want on a fixed income. Welcome to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom