My girls and Peas .... LOL

3 weeks old and going NUTS for PEAS hahaha Webber Charlotte & Cookie :)
Thats so cute
wink.png
but it's handfulds mom handfuls

Thats so cute
wink.png
but it's handfulds mom handfuls
hahaha o ok lol i didnt know how much they could have at this age so once a day its like a 1 cup - 1/2 a cup between the 3 of them then they also get rolled oats sometimes and grass in their pool sometimes

Last edited:
hahaha o ok lol i didnt know how much they could have at this age so once a day its like a 1 cup - 1/2 a cup between the 3 of them then they also get rolled oats sometimes and grass in their pool sometimes
I'd say between the 3 of them they could probably finish off a half a cup in record breaking time, lol only thing you may notice is a little green in their poop.

So cute! And Miss Lydia, I'm glad to see you here, too! I have a question about peas for you ladies! My boys don't seem to care for them! Barred Rock Girls, I see that you mentioned rolled oats for your babies ... What other treats can I try?

So cute! And Miss Lydia, I'm glad to see you here, too! I have a question about peas for you ladies! My boys don't seem to care for them! Barred Rock Girls, I see that you mentioned rolled oats for your babies ... What other treats can I try?
Have you tried Dried Meal worms, I believe my ducks/chcikens would do a song and a dance for meal worms.have you seen this https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements and quick question to CandQ how are your babies doing?

Last edited:
Have you tried Dried Meal worms, I believe my ducks/chcikens would do a song and a dance for meal worms.have you seen this https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements and quick question to CandQ how are your babies doing?
i haven't ! they just turned 3 weeks today lol im kinda over protecctive i guess i have until just now still been squishing the peas so they wouldn't choke & yes it only takes like 3 mins w them behaving like that for it all to be gone haha i give them some them i let them swim then give them some more usually .... the rolled oats kinda just happened - i was feeding some to my Rocks that were out of their brooder but in the same barn and my 3 girls kept nabbing up the dropped ones so i figured eh what the heck so i started giving it to them in my hand while they were in their pool - yucky for in my hand but they loveeeeee it . most of their treats i give them in their pool & to get them to get out of their pool to get dried off . they have had Romaine Lettuce too i forgot that before. they loved that too . i just sat and tore it in to tiny pieces .

Back
Top Bottom