My girls are spending their first night in the chicken house :(

wannabe_goatmom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Wellington KY
My chicks are going to be 4 weeks old tomorrow and tonight is their first night outside in the chicken house. My husband and I have been working on it all summer and we finally have it finished enough to put them in it (still needs some paint).
I'm scared for them and hope we did a good job in getting it predator resistant.
Just feeling a little anxious and thought I'd ramble on about it.
sad.png

It almost feels like one of your kids is moving out of the house, doesn't it?? I was like that too when I put my first chicks out, and they did fine.

I recently lived in Menifee County for about 4 years on hwy 1274 right across the street from "The Bull". I miss it so much. The economy forced us to move back north.
sad.png

Suzy do you know where the Korea store is on 1693? I live about a half mile from there on Igo Ridge.
I don't have any children so I can't relate but I am feeling so sad for them. It is cool here tonight so the red brooder light is on and I keep going out to peek through the window and check on them.

They do grow up fast. They are my first chicks and I can't believe how fast they grow.

Back
Top Bottom