My goose can't stand up or walk!!

MelissasYard

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 17, 2012
My 5 wk old Embden goose just stopped walking on day! She can't even stand but she's very alert, eating and drinking. Im giving her plane Niacin in her water and brewers yeast in her food. If its just a Niacin issue how long before she can walk again?

I just put her in the kiddy pool to see if she'll move her legs without weight. I made a video.

I'm feeding them Purina Flock Raiser crumbles.

Mine is older. Is 3 months old and also is not eating or drinking anything. I'll try to force her to get some brewers yeast mix with water. Did yours improved?

No, she's still not out of it. Yesterday after the pool I put her on the ground and she was standing up like normal and grooming herself like nothing was wrong. That's the most I've seen out of her. She still isn't really walking much at all.

Our beloved Goose of approximately 11 years can't stand or walk. It just came on today and we don't know what to do. Our vet doesn't know anything about geese. Can someone help as she acts fine otherwise.

I had this happen to a gander a few months ago. I mixed in some nutritional yeast in with some ground wheat and water, and within a few hours, he was up and walking again! Before, that, he couldn't even stand, only hop.

Maybe nutritional yeast has more niacin in it, I'm not sure. Either way, it's worth a try if you have it around, or can get some (it's sold in certain stores...Whole Foods for example).

I'm having the same problem but my Pomeranian was beat up by a Pekin duck trying to breed her. She can swim alright but can't stand or walk! Can anyone give some advice?

I had this happen to a gander a few months ago. I mixed in some nutritional yeast in with some ground wheat and water, and within a few hours, he was up and walking again! Before, that, he couldn't even stand, only hop.

Maybe nutritional yeast has more niacin in it, I'm not sure. Either way, it's worth a try if you have it around, or can get some (it's sold in certain stores...Whole Foods for example).
We have a very old gander here , that currently cannot walk , he’s eating , but been pretty stationary for 3 days , he’s not guarding his female mate who is currently sat on eggs , no signs of injury etc , any advice would be gratefully received

Back
Top Bottom