My goose is choking on a piece of bread

Okay...whew , she seems okay now but she was drooling heavily so I knew she was in trouble...
I normally throw homemade bread to the chickens and since the new ducks ran over too, the goose decided she was going to eat some.
I read on the internet before I posted my question but found nothing to help a goose that was choking.
So for the future if anyone knows, please let me know. It's scary when you dont' know how to help them.

Offer a bucket of water, so she can have a drink and soften up the bread?
Look the other way until she solves her own problem?

I have no personal experience with geese, just with chickens and with reading about geese, so someone else might show up with better advice.

Obviously something worked--maybe it took several minutes of drinking to soften up the bread so it could go down, or maybe she would have just forced down anyway. :idunno Sometimes helping does help, and sometimes it makes matters worse--but I do not know how to help a goose, and I do not know how to recognize when helping is needed. :(

It was fresh,homemade soft bread...so good thing I guess. Lesson learned, make sure when you give the chickens bread, stand between the bread and the goose. :D

Back
Top Bottom