My Grandma's sewing machine ( thoughts and pics )

WoW and Imp.....I jsut had to get a towel and wipe off my shoulder cause my DD was
droolin.gif
drooling
droolin.gif
all over me over ya'lls machines
gig.gif
She loves old machines like these and she's only 14.....wonder where she gets it from
idunno.gif

http://www.singersewingmachine.com/ For those looking up their machines now!

I'm glad she's so into the machines, I love this one even though I haven't used it much! My mom is giving me a refresher course in the morning. It's sitting behind me on the desk I usually have an incubator on. I'd love to know the value of it, I need to insure it probably!

I saw an old Singer Treadle on Antiques Roadshow. Seems that they aren't worth much, so many still around. I seem to remember it was $120.

When Dad asked if I wanted his old one I said yes without any hesitation. I had always assumed it was handed down from grandparents or something. I asked dad about it and he said the it was one of their first purchases after he & mom were married. They paid $20 in 1960 or 61. It has little metal wheels, but it weighs a ton. Took 2 people to move into the house.

Imp- I just use it to pile clothes on. Kinda like every flat surface around here.

I just discovered Wildsky took the instructions for her feed bag bags off the post,, I need help! I was going to make those bags today.
Does anyone have instructions?

Quote:
wow! just like my grams only hers is dark wood. Im gonna have to get her to look for the serial number so I can look it up.

Quote:
Hmmm, Kinda interesting. I was trying to find a value on-line this afternoon. Not much success. I did find reference to a patent number where the needle goes into the cabinet. I looked and it says Aug 2, 92. Now I know it's not 1992, and couldn't be 1792. So I'm guessing 1892. I thinking it was repaired at some point.

Imp

Quote:
The serial number was on the backside of the sewing machine base. Easy to find

Imp

I called her, we are going to look next time i go over. What I didnt realize is the electric model she uses which sits on top is just that, sitting on top. The original is still inside the cabinet and STILL uses the trundle and STILL works. I cant believe it.

Back
Top Bottom