My Guinea Has a Boyfriend

KZ

Songster
9 Years
Aug 9, 2010
Fountain, Colorado
My female guinea and the neighbor's male guinea seem to have fallen in love.

At first she would just sit on the fence and "buck wheat" at the neighbor's male guineas all afternoon. Then she started going over to an easement between the properties. Then she started to occasionally visit them in their yard. Now she has one particular male that she is with all the time. He comes over to our yard every day. They wander around together and eat bugs all day. It's actually very sweet. At dusk he goes home and she goes into our chicken coop along with the 10 chickens and our other guineas. Now if I could only find her eggs.

Ahhh, young love.
love.gif

Awwwwww, long distance relationships can work! I'm from the UK and my husband from the USA...............your story of your guineas made me laugh!

I had the same thing happen! My closest neighbor lives abut 1/4 mile away and she had all male guineas. I ended up having a single female guinea and two of the neighbor's male guineas took up residence at our house. We had our guinea in our chicken coop and those poor male guineas just ran the fenceline all day long trying to find a way in! I finally took pity on them and let them in our coop with their new girl! lol It turns out the neighbor was glad they had found a friend and gladly let us keep them! Ahh guinea love!

Back
Top Bottom