My Guinea keets!

Thanks a lot. Make me crazy. I want my guineas back!
hit.gif
They are the most entertaining things on the planet.

I've got 15 guineas and I LOVE them. They are hilarious and one of the ugliest birds I've ever seen. LOL I look at their heads and I think, "Man, those things are ugly." but I can't stop looking at them.

They run with my 8 turkeys. One of the Tom's in actually in charge of the guineas. They follow him wherever he goes.

I had them in a caged in stall in our barn until they were about 6 weeks old then I opened the door and let them run around the barn. It took them a couple of weeks before they would leave the barn. Now, they run around the property but it doesn't take them very long to come running back when they hear me pull up.

I love to wait for them to come back. I can hear them first up on the hill and then the next thing I know 15 guineas and 8 turkeys come flying back to the barn.

The farrier was over the other day working on the horses and those darn birds wouldn't leave the barn. They kept getting closer and closer looking at my farrier just carrying on and on and on and on... I finally had to chase them away because I know they were giving the poor guy a headache.

IMG_0846.jpg

Take care,

Tami

Too cute!! I just hatched out about 60 or so the other day. Mine are all different colors as well. My big guineas run all over but really only associate with the turkeys. They are huge too, when I look out I think Ihave extra turkeys then realize it is just the crazy guineas in the pasture with them. They are fun and some ugly creatures up close.

Tami, cute story. My dh rides his motorcycle to work, weather permitting, and when he comes home he backs into a small metal shed...my seven guineas run up to the bike and follow him into the shed each night. It seems they are very nosey birds.
big_smile.png

I bought them off ebay! These next ones I'm getting (for my friend) are also off ebay, but from a different seller and all one color. I wanted to buy from the same person since things had gone so well, but they didn't have any listed. They can fly/jump some, if I left the top off I'm sure they'd be all over the house! Right now they are only noisy if they need something, but as long as I keep fresh food and water they stay fairly quiet.

I'm going to be keeping them in my yard with the chickens and ducks (and a few of my goats) and didn't want to over due the number of birds, so for now I will stick with the 5 (or 6 if the one with the leg problems makes it). I actually need to find new homes for some of the ducks, get down to somewhere between 4-6 (I have 10). It's just way to easy to want to keep more and over do it! Atleast it is for me and I'd love to have a guinea of every color there is!

I hope I enjoy them as much as everyone here does! I'm having alot of fun with them right now!

You can buy eggs off ebay, just search hatching eggs and there are a bunch, not as many now as during the top of hatching season but there are still a bunch. I just wish I knew a way to get those stupid kid hatching toys off the list when I search. Jenn

OH MAN!!! Once you do your a goner!!! LOL I have a LG still air and then I made a second with parts of a LG that the foam was broke on. I have promised that I will not get any bigger of a bator or my poor hubby will go nuts. I wasnt going to hatch eggs this year and was just going to buy chicks and then I saw a great deal on eggs and off I went. The bators havent been turned off all year. Try to resist for as long as you can because once you start you just cant stop!!!! Jenn

I bought the eggs, Ebay doesn't allow live animals, but eggs are fine! So far all my hatching eggs have came from Ebay, with the exception of the buff orpington eggs my bil gave me and the ones I've hatched from my own chickens/ducks.

Back
Top Bottom