My guineas are brooding! I think

ddpittman

Chirping
Oct 7, 2015
Osteen, FL
I have managed to find every nest they made & am already incubating 17 eggs. I put 2 more under my broody Bantam Cochin (she was so pitiful brooding an empty bucket). Then, they started laying in a big planter bucket at the end of our storage trailer. I counted 17 eggs yesterday. Today a guinea hen is setting & my other hen is sitting on the ground beside her. I am going to roust her off & collect the eggs for incubation. Good idea? It's my 1st hatch. Started with 7 guineas, 6 made it to adulthood, & 4 for laying (2 males, 2 females--good luck from a straight run, right?). Sorry about the long post. I am so excited!

Thank you! I went all over the place looking & every time they were laying right in plain sight. The first egg was in the Chicken coop! It got cracked though. They were raised with the chickens & think one of my black hens is their mother. When a rooster (chicken) tried to mount their "mom," the Guinea roosters attack him & knock him off.

My 1st batch of keets hatched!!! 11 of 17 from Incubator. Started hatching at 27 days & the rest look like quitters. I have 18 more eggs incubating & can't find the latest nest. But I will!!!

Back
Top Bottom