My guineas are knocking on my door!!

We have a mirror on the outside of our coop. Our Guineas love to look at them selves in it! They also love chrome bumpers. We had an electrician doing some work at our house and my Guineas were out walking around on a nice sunny summer day. All of a sudden, I heard a lot of tapping and saw three Guineas tapping away at the chrome bumper on the electrician's truck. Unfortunately, he saw it too and wasn't nearly as amused as I was. I was trying to non-chalantly get them away from his truck when he walked over and asked me to keep my "turkeys" away. Then to add insult to injury, one rounded the corner and hadn't seen this man before so her alarm started..... the writing was on the wall. Before long, we had a symphony of Guinea alarms going off. The electrician has never been back. Mirrors, chrome, glass, the water in my inground pool......they love anything reflective!

lau.gif
That's funny!

LoL @ turkeys
smack.gif

Luckily they didn't jump up on the hood and preen themselves in the reflection of the windshield, and then "leave their mark" when they were done
lau.gif

It would have been great if they did get on the hood to admire themselves in the windshield! They may not have gotten down to quickly. Mine stand in front of their mirror for long periods of time!
wink.png

Quote:
No.
lol.png

I say this because we designed our coop with a HUGE 3 x 5 ft mirror on the side by the waterer, and my guineas will still march up to the house and knock on the storm door and stare at themselves. I feel like we're under siege sometimes!

Traci

We hang CDs up in the yard for the guineas. Drives their little brains crazy as they see pretty shiny thing, run over to preen, oh new shiny thing, run to preen, new shiny thing....

Our guineas sit on the front porch rail and look in the windows to see what we are doing inside. I guess they have as much fun watching us as we have watching them!

Our guineas do it, too
big_smile.png
They come up onto our back porch & peck at the back door looking in talking to each other the whole time. We don't mind it because it is rather funny watching them. It seems like it's mainly on days when I'm running a little late on feeding up in the afternoons. Just glad to know we're not the only ones.

Back
Top Bottom