My guineas are knocking on my door!!

CrzyChicLady

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
My guineas will come onto my deck and peck at the sliding glass door. I don't know if they are trying to get my attention, just see their own reflection, or they just want to come in. Whatever the reason, IT'S ANNOYING! Any suggestions as to why they do this and more importantly how to get them to STOP!?
barnie.gif

Could you put up some butcher paper on the door? I think your 'reflection' idea is probably correct.
I am not very good at ignoring squeaks, drips, rattles or...I am sure guineas pecking at the the glass door.
smile.png

Good luck with this.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
Definately admiring their reflection....LOL
bow.gif
You might give them a mirror somewhere away from the door. One of those plexiglass ones unbreakable.

You really think that would work?
lau.gif
I think MuranoFarms and I have the same bad habit of throwing treats out the back door.
hmm.png

Quote:
Definately admiring their reflection....LOL
bow.gif
You might give them a mirror somewhere away from the door. One of those plexiglass ones unbreakable.

You really think that would work?
lau.gif
I think MuranoFarms and I have the same bad habit of throwing treats out the back door.
hmm.png

lau.gif
cant hurt. Omg they do love to look at themselves. and a mirror gives a better picture than the glass door? The other solution would be to frost the lower half of the slider but youd have to frost the outsde so there would be no reflection.

my guineas and chickens come to the door if i am running late on feeding them....pitiful faces peering through the glass. the guineas love to look at themselves in the metal bumpers on my vehicles.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom