My hand the pacifier....

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,I am writing this at almost midnight,to tell you of an adorable moment I just had with my new baby chicks.I was preparing to go to bed since it was so late,but the chicks were making a large racket because it's a chilly night compared to the last few days,and they couldn't decide who sleeps where!(they live in my room till they are old enough)
big_smile.png
So I went to them to watch them,and one little runt was chilly and getting shunted away from the bigger chicks,and another little doofus was pecking and pulling her own toes,hurting herself so she squalls every time.then I had another little chick who thinks the sky is falling running around the cage peeping her little head off working the other chicks into a panic.So I needed to calm them down.But How?How was I going to put 10 hyper whining chicks to bed without a fuss?? Now I have been getting them used to my hand simply laying it down for them to play and sleep on every day.And they love it,they always come to sleep and play on it.Because of this I decided if anything is going to work this will.So I laid my hand down in the bedding(a ways away from the heating lamp) and the change is immediate,the little chicks who were causing the chief troubles huddled up on my hand and immediately shut up and fall asleep on the top of my hand,while the other chicks act like nothing ever went wrong,and fall asleep next to the heating lamps,while the troublemakers are happy and content,and not hyper or scared anymore.
yesss.gif
Everyone in the cage is currently fast asleep and happy,and This girl is finally going to get some sleep!Hahah!It was just like pacifying a crying human baby!
gig.gif
Good Night Everyone and thanks for reading my random story!

Back
Top Bottom