My Hatch Cam is LIVE!

I'm not sure- I did this hatch for the first grade at a local elementary. I started them around 4pm on a Wednesday.

I put them into lockdown last night about 3:45. When I went to check on them at 8:45 this morning, six of them were pipped.

If it was average eggs, I'd say we won't see anything til late tonight or tomorrow, but it seems like every egg I've hatched from my legbar hen hatches early, and they pop out like popcorn. I've hatched over a dozen of hers, and they're all that way. So who knows? This is my first batch with this particular legbar rooster.

This is mom to the legbar eggs:

This is mom to the Olive Egger egg:

And this is dad to all but the fbcm egg:

This is my FBCM hen:

The FBCM egg could either be fathered by my FBCM rooster or my golden laced polish rooster.

Wow,i want your chickens!!!
Do you know how long after pipping they should hatch?
Mine started pipping this morning and still haven't hatched .Is this right?

Last edited:
I don't start getting nervous until they've been pipped with no progress for 24 hours. I'll go even longer without fretting if they've pipped early, like these guys have.

I won't start biting my nails with this group until Wednesday afternoon. So, I have a good 30 hours of non-stress. LOL

Five of the chicks are out. Of the legbars, I have two pullets and one cockerel.

Still in the incubator are legbars. I think one has died without pipping. The other is going well- he/she is at the front of the webcam, and you can see its' beak. I'll bet it hatches within a few hours.

6th baby is out- cream legbar pullet.

The 7th legbar (a cockerel) was dead in the shell. :(

So, 6 babies. Unfortunately, the french black copper marans has a splayed leg. I've braced it. Hopefully it will fix it. It always upsets me when something hatches out and it's not perfect.

I still have the webcam, but it's on the chicks now. In a few, I think I'm going to put a towel down on top of the bedding to make things easier for the marans.

Back
Top Bottom