My Hatch is Done!!! 9 Darling Babies!!!! (Lots of Pic's)

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
I ended up with 6 cute, cute Barred Rocks from Speckledhen and 3 darling fluffy Buff Orpingtons from Hinkjc. These have to be the most friendliest, curious chicks I have had. They are so CUTE!!!!

Barred Rock Chicks ~ Cyn, any guesses on what they are?? I "think" I have 2 roos and 4 pullets, what do you think??

chick1b.jpg

Chick2b.jpg

#3 - This one is the spunkiest, funniest little thing. It has the greatest markings on it to!!!
chick3b.jpg

chick4b.jpg

chick5b.jpg

chick6b.jpg

Sweet Buff Orp's ~ These are the most prettiest, richest colored Buff's I have ever seen!!!

BuffChicks.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, Steff! Weeeeellll, honestly, going by the usual sexing rules, I dont see any BR pullets, except possibly one, but even that one is very iffy (#4). That would be highly unusual for a hatch to be that roo-heavy from my birds, though. And from so many different hens, too. Hoping one or two are just taking after Lexie and looking roo-ish, though they are girls.
fl.gif
Usually, Amanda throws pullets, too. The two that hatched in the batch April 24 were both Mandy's and both pullets, so it would be weird to get a boy from her, too. Well, you know I'll send you more eggs if you dont get any girls out of this one. Hope I'm wrong! They are very cute, though. And your pictures are excellent.

Very darling chicks!
Silly question - but those pictures are so nice - what kind of camera do you have? I dropped mine and broke it so am trying to decide what kind to get next.

Steff, keep an eye on #1. I looked again, closer, and the headspot has defined edges, though it's a bit large, and there is some black on the leg fronts, though not as much as my pullets usually have. Sure hope you got at least one or two out of this batch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom