my hatch is due? nothing happening

i mean, i've pilled off the shell a little bit would that help? ( just made the hole bigger)

They can rest for quite a while after pipping. I've had them take a 28 hour nap, then rally on to finish the hatch. The key is to keep the humidity up and not to reach in too often. Dipping humidity now will cement it to it's shell.

If it reaches 48 hours and zipping hasn't started, break off shell very carefully around the pip. Be very careful to stop if blood wells, that means it needs to wait a while.

oh i see yeah, i mean i have carved some of the shell around the pip to give it a hand but i think it's been about four days now and they've been no movement what so ever, i have touched it to see if i can hear it cherp but nothing now..

i dont want to candel i am scared i have killed it

i have not poked inside the shell, all i've done is get the shell off it.. (i've not poked any holes in the wall).

Last edited:
the one that was piping is now dead. and so are 3 others had to get them out after candel.. to have a look if they're alive or not... had to peel more off to find out that it was dead

Back
Top Bottom