my hatcher pros and cons

BairleaFarm

Songster
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Georgetown, KY
I like to hear what people like and dislike about the stuff they build. I built this hatcher and have used it. I still havent finished the trays but none the less it works. My favorite thing about it has to do with the doors. They are removable and makes cleanup a breeze. The size is also nice seeing how I can incubate 200 eggs at one time and have room to hatch them all. Event though ive used to it hatch I had humidity problems. I think the way to fix that would be to add a big pan of water. Ill have to try it out next hatch.

2011-09-08_18-46-29_924.jpg

2011-09-08_18-46-41_2.jpg

Seems cool. can you tell me how you are heating it? I'm trying to decide if I should try to build it, using my dehydrator, buy one of those styrofoam things from TSC, or take my chances that the bantam hen will go broody.

no pics but I am in love with my 'billy'bator I built for $30... go to rushlanepoultry.com and follow their instructions. The temperature does not BUDGE in the thing (I added water-filled soda bottles under the grate for a heat sink). I just wish it had a turner so I could use it as a incubator, but it is an awesome hatcher.

BairLea - your's is much prettier than mine, that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom