My hatchery

CHICKENBOY 1

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
you guys im starting my own hatchery so check out my site SETTLESBREEDERS.WEBS.COM or my page
smile.png
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
rate it plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK first nice pics BUT...
I personally dont like music on websites.
And I just looked at 2 pages and there were spelling boo boos that I would fix to look more professional.
Hope that helps.

Quote:
=====

Agreeing with Mama.

ChickenBoy: No offense, but I've been seeing your postings for the last several days. You stuck out in my mind as someone who doesn't check for spelling errors, and has a problem with grammar.

Checked out your website, and it doesn't look extremely professional. First impressions and all. I have no sound on my computer so I can't comment on that aspect. "We are the best poultry suplier in GA" ... SUPPLIER ... and if you're just starting out, you probably shouldn't make that claim. Americanas is actually spelled AMERAUCANAs. ABOUT US and SHIPPING and RETURNS are empty. Your FAQ and PRICING could use a lot of work too. On your LINKS page, do you really want to single out McMurray to slam? CONTACT US is on there twice. I would also take off the weather info. It's not necessary... what about the games/arcade?

If I'm going to spend money on chicks (especially those that are rare), then I want the hatchery to be professional. But even though you say "rare and expensive poultry cheap" I see only buff orpingtons, americanas (sp), and your own cross breed. Buffs and eggers aren't rare, and lots of people have cross breeds. What is your cross breed from? Did you breed for particular features? And where are your other breeds listed?

Probably if you spent a little more time on those things, you should do fine.

Like I said, I don't intend to offend you but you asked for input, right? I used to create websites, plus I'm a stickler for professionalism.

Last edited:
Sorry, but your website does not inspire me to buy anything from you.

I always figure if a person doesn't even spell the breeds that they're trying to sell correctly, they probably don't know much about the birds they're trying to sell. That plus the other incorrectly spelled words is not a good selling point.

I also don't like music on a website. I also found it too busy with not enough info about what you are selling and too much other stuff cluttering up the screen. The birds you are offering are not rare or hard to come by as you claimed.

Quote:
=====

Agreeing with Mama.

ChickenBoy: No offense, but I've been seeing your postings for the last several days. You stuck out in my mind as someone who doesn't check for spelling errors, and has a problem with grammar.

Checked out your website, and it doesn't look extremely professional. First impressions and all. I have no sound on my computer so I can't comment on that aspect. "We are the best poultry suplier in GA" ... SUPPLIER ... and if you're just starting out, you probably shouldn't make that claim. Americanas is actually spelled AMERAUCANAs. ABOUT US and SHIPPING and RETURNS are empty. Your FAQ and PRICING could use a lot of work too. On your LINKS page, do you really want to single out McMurray to slam? CONTACT US is on there twice. I would also take off the weather info. It's not necessary... what about the games/arcade?

If I'm going to spend money on chicks (especially those that are rare), then I want the hatchery to be professional. But even though you say "rare and expensive poultry cheap" I see only buff orpingtons, americanas (sp), and your own cross breed. Buffs and eggers aren't rare, and lots of people have cross breeds. What is your cross breed from? Did you breed for particular features? And where are your other breeds listed?

Like I said, I don't intend to offend you but you asked for input, right? I used to create websites, plus I'm a stickler for professionalism.

ok ppl i get it idc about grammer and suck at spelling im just looking for advice on the site not my personal apperance. and yall is a word people.

Quote:
=====

Agreeing with Mama.

ok ppl i get it idc about grammer and suck at spelling im just looking for advice on the site not my personal apperance. and yall is a word people.

You asked for people to rate your website, which we did. I went back and re-read all the comments and I don't see where anyone said anything about your personal appearance....or about the slang term yall.

ok take off the stupid mario games. our prises? it should be our prices. You have no info on shipping and other inportant stuff and on the our prices about a game show quiz? you dont have any rare breeds and i know websites that are cheeper than that. fix it or take it down. 0 stars

"Rate it"? What kind of rating are you looking for if you are ignoring what everyone is offering? It looks completely generic and doesn't appear to have anything to do with poultry.

If I were looking for a poultry business online, I'd close the window. This doesn't rate anything on any scale. If you are serious about having a business online, ask someone with some design understanding to help you with this. I *am* a designer and this site would be a fantastic example of what not to do. Rather, what happens when one doesn't understand what they are doing - if you want to learn, then listen to what people are saying. So far, the feedback is clear and concise with explanations. Excellent critiques.

Back
Top Bottom