My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Pics
Only ducks I hatch are Calls...
big_smile.png

I should have known.

I wish they weren't so tough to hatch, or I'd be placing an order for eggs now.

Last edited:
Yes, it makes sense, I have two dog crates with a plastic tray on the bottom that slides out. the space at the bottom makes it easy for chicks to escape mine unless I'm really careful how I wrap mine with plastic netting.

Just wondering if your cage could be made secure enough so that mice or rats couldn't squeeze through, but the door could still be used. Maybe if it was wrapped separately?

Oh, okay....  They are the cutest lil ducklins' ever. Reading through your 'ling thread made me want to squeal! :love  

Wish they weren't so tough to hatch, or I'd be placing an order for eggs now.

They're tough, but doable... I would definitely wait til you get some other hatching experience first, then try... and they take tons of patience and knowing when and how much to help... very stressful and hands on...

Any chance you can wrap the cage in hardware cloth?

Except the bottom, it looks like the bars are pretty narrow...

Yer thinking they could reach in and not crawl in right>?

It looks better than othe kennels I've seen...

Yes, it makes sense, I have two dog crates with a plastic tray on the bottom that slides out. the space at the bottom makes it easy for chicks to escape mine unless I'm really careful how I wrap mine with plastic netting.

Just wondering if your cage could be made secure enough so that mice or rats couldn't squeeze through, but the door could still be used. Maybe if it was wrapped separately?

possibly, thanks fer the helps
They're tough, but doable... I would definitely wait til you get some other hatching experience first, then try... and they take tons of patience and knowing when and how much to help... very stressful and hands on...
Except the bottom, it looks like the bars are pretty narrow...
It looks better than othe kennels I've seen...
Thanks Rav

possibly, thanks fer the helps
Thanks Rav

Oh, and if the bodies were all gone, I doubt a broody that size coulda ate what, 5 or 6 chicks?? Ugh, flockin rats... I hate rats... got huge ones here... but our neighbors cat comes over and catches them and leaves them on their front porch, lol...

Back
Top Bottom