My hen has a leg fracture

Lizzy733

Crowing
Nov 13, 2018
New Zealand
I know this doesn't directly address your question, but I thought I'd mention it. My dog has cancer, and there is no way I could have afforded the treatment. I used Care Credit, which covered the $2700 for her initial surgery, and I wasn't required to pay any interest if I paid it off in 12 months. I don't really recommend going into debt, but in a pinch...
I have a friend that just spent 16k on their dog due to a throat injury from a pile of bones someone dumped on their property. Heaven forbid that dog die now.

Aunt Angus

Crossing the Road
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
I have a friend that just spent 16k on their dog due to a throat injury from a pile of bones someone dumped on their property. Heaven forbid that dog die now.
Hattie's treatment costs are ridiculous. If she weren't super active and happy, I don't think I would have gone for treatment. But she isn't slowed down by much. If I added it all up, it's probably close to that.

Lizzy733

Crowing
Nov 13, 2018
New Zealand
Hattie's treatment costs are ridiculous. If she weren't super active and happy, I don't think I would have gone for treatment. But she isn't slowed down by much. If I added it all up, it's probably close to that.
Worst we've done personally was one of our hens - 1k and she didn't make it, unfortunately. We went all in, but she went down hill quite quickly.

Top Bottom