My hen has an infection in her eye!!! Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mychickensneaky, Dec 20, 2012.

1. mychickensneaky

mychickensneaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    Rescue ca
    My 20 week old girl once had an infection in her eye and she got rid of it by me putting salt water in her eye. Then she was fine just blind out of that one eye but she could eat and drink and do everything on her own fine. Now say 3 to 4 weeks down the road she has another infection in her same eye! And I have been putting warm salt water in her eye again. Is there anything else I could do for her? And why does she keep getting infections i her eye?

2. lucyharper123

lucyharper123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    give her anti-biotics in her water and continue with the salt water try to keep all dirt and anything out of her eye salt water it once a day and just flush it out with water 3 times a day.

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Hi,
    Is her eye swollen? I have had good luck using Tylan 50 injectable ORALLY at 1/4 cc per bantam and 1/2 cc per LF for 5 days along with antibiotic eye ointment once a day. I sometimes clean the eye out with Veterycin first. You could also use saline water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by