My hen has died.

Harris14

Songster
Oct 16, 2020
My hen has been acting different for a while. She would fall over if another chicken bumped her. If I picked her up she would panic and start coughing/sneezing and breathing hard. She would try to run. She was eating and drinking normally. She had quit laying due to molting. She acted like she was in pain. I thought egg bound so I checked her and no eggs. I gave her epsom salt bath anyway. I put her by herself for the last week. She mainly stood around. No runny nose. No runny eyes. I don’t know what happened. Do you have any ideas.

My hen has been acting different for a while. She would fall over if another chicken bumped her. If I picked her up she would panic and start coughing/sneezing and breathing hard. She would try to run. She was eating and drinking normally. She had quit laying due to molting. She acted like she was in pain. I thought egg bound so I checked her and no eggs. I gave her epsom salt bath anyway. I put her by herself for the last week. She mainly stood around. No runny nose. No runny eyes. I don’t know what happened. Do you have any ideas.
how old was she? may be related to her age, depending how old she was. she's in a better place now, sorry for your loss mate. :(

If you decide to do a necropsy yourself, there are some threads on BYC about it.

If you send her body out, keep it cold, but do NOT freeze it.

I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom