Chickennoob21

Hatching
Dec 26, 2020
So my hen just laid her first egg. We just added a nest box like 2 hours ago before she laid the egg in their coop and added some modification to their coop as well.
Now she is making like a distressed call or something that worries her. It's like 6.00pm right know everyone is in their coop trying to sleep and she is just going off. Also her egg had a little bloodstain. Its extremely annoying and I'm pretty sure our neighbors won't like it. Please what is wrong with her.

So my hen just laid her first egg. We just added a nest box like 2 hours ago before she laid the egg in their coop and added some modification to their coop as well.
Now she is making like a distressed call or something that worries her. It's like 6.00pm right know everyone is in their coop trying to sleep and she is just going off. Also her egg had a little bloodstain. Its extremely annoying and I'm pretty sure our neighbors won't like it. Please what is wrong with her.
When pullets start to lay, they often make a lot of noise, even before having laid the egg.
You will have to get used to their noise and calls, as it is part of their normal behaviour and communication.

Some are rather quiet and others sqwak and scream days in advance.

Hi, just curious what breed is this hen of yours? I noticed more flighty/nervous breeds (examples: Rhode island reds, leghorns, sex-link's) are more louder when laying compared to calmer breeds (examples: Orpingtons, Australorps, Brahmas, etc.) in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom