My hen is ill please help

Rallynut87

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 29, 2012
Hi I went and let my hens out this morning and notices that my light Sussex was rather down in herself, she was huddled up in the corner of the coop when I picked her up she didn't even move or make a sound, and when I put her down she nealy fell over, I've isolated her and her comb seams dark red with white please help

Hi I went and let my hens out this morning and notices that my light Sussex was rather down in herself, she was huddled up in the corner of the coop when I picked her up she didn't even move or make a sound, and when I put her down she nealy fell over, I've isolated her and her comb seams dark red with white please help

There are links in the bottom of my post (in the signature) that will allow you to hopefully determine a disease/condition based upon the symptoms, and then research what you find for further information and possible treatment(s).

Running down the list also helps folks in knowin' what to look for, and possibly better spot other symptoms (which helps other folks, like me ~'-)

A few possiblities ...

Mottled, red and white margins ... Frozen
Eruptions, nodules ... Fowl pox
White, scaly, powdery ... Favus

Egg bound? It is hard to guess with out pictures and more information.We can only guess. No one is examining the bird.Isolate her, keep her warm, make sure she has water. Check her for mites, take a picture of her vent area. Is she loosing weight? Is she over weight? Does she eat and drink?

Hi bad news I had to put her down she could barely breath and lost so much weight, I couldn't see her suffer anymore

Back
Top Bottom