My Hen is not eating food or drinking, and is pooping out blood, help

How long have you had her?
You mention she has a bloody butt?
Have you examined her to see if she has a prolapsed vent or any wounds?
If you have photos of the hen, her bum and her poop that may help.

Do your best to keep her hydrated. Keep us posted.

Hen caring arsalan,Yesterday I had a chicken with bloody stool and bum. I'm posting a picture. Warning it's shocking. I had never seen a case this bad. 24hrs on corrid she's much better. Posting this to show/give you hope. They can be very resilient. Prayers to you!

Attachments

• 20170616_112301.jpg
    20170616_112301.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 4
Her poop is turning a little normal we fed her 3 little pieces of garlic andd now shes taking some rest in hrr box. Will the garlic help?

Wyorp Rock is correct. You need to determine if your hen has been pecked around the vent which has caused the bleeding. A prolapsed vent can happen in hens where the inner tissue comes out, and is bright red. That can attract the others to peck at it and damage her vent. But they can also peck vents if they are overcrowded, not getting out to free range, or not getting a balanced diet with 16-20% protein. Bloody droppings are a sign of coccidiosis usually. Cocci is best treated with Corid powder or liquid from your feed store, or amprollium, Coxoid, or toltrazuril in some countries. So try to look her over and tell us exactly what the problem is. We can give Corid (amprollium) dosage for chickens if you need it.

vent%2Ba.jpg

Vent prolapse (photo by armorfirelady

DSCN6902.jpg

Vent pecking injury (photo by henmother)

Last edited:
Im going to sleep now after half a hour cause its almost 3 am here. My mom and brother are up till 4 am so they should care for the hen

Sadly she died. Please pray for her to live a happpy life in heaven. I cried alot for her cause I had her since she was a bbbaby chick. I still remember her cute voice maybe god had to take her away from this world.Now I only have 1 hen left which was soo much attached to her. If she could die early (I dont want her to die but still) she could go to her buddy hen. Whatcan I do to stop ffeeling sad about her? Thanks for all your responses I did what I could to help her but sadly..............; (
Have you all ever lost your baby and how

I'm sorry for your loss:hugs

Take a few moments to grieve for her, you did what you could to help her. It's hard to lose a pet, but this is something that we all face (sometimes many times) in our lifetime.

Now...you have another hen that needs attention - food, water and some TLC. She is by herself. Consider what you need to do now to see that she is safe and secure. She will be lonely, so think about getting a couple of more hens to keep her company. If that is not possible, she may benefit from being re-homed so she can be with more chickens.

I hope all goes well for you.

I cant not keep many hens so im planning of giving her away to my friend, he has alot of hens and other animals like parrots so she will not be lonely :) atleast

Back
Top Bottom