My hen is pooping egg whites!

noormahmood

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2022
My hen for a few days has not been very active. She has had egg problems in the past where she lays an shell less egg but she would get better on her own. I’ve been seeing in the nesting box but she never laid anything. Right not I just came back from outside and my hen wasn’t moving. I was with her for a few minutes and she pooped egg whites. It didn’t have yolk or actual poop. Please help me out im getting really worried, thank you.

My hen for a few days has not been very active. She has had egg problems in the past where she lays an shell less egg but she would get better on her own. I’ve been seeing in the nesting box but she never laid anything. Right not I just came back from outside and my hen wasn’t moving. I was with her for a few minutes and she pooped egg whites. It didn’t have yolk or actual poop. Please help me out im getting really worried, thank you.
Your hand sounds like she's in really bad shape. Is a vet visit an option?

What exactly do you feed your birds on a daily basis?

'Egg problems' usually don't correct on their own. So it is highly unlikely that she got better and then is unwell again. She has probably been unwell the whole time.
Antibiotics may help which is why I asked if a vet visit is possible.

Your hand sounds like she's in really bad shape. Is a vet visit an option?

What exactly do you feed your birds on a daily basis?

'Egg problems' usually don't correct on their own. So it is highly unlikely that she got better and then is unwell again. She has probably been unwell the whole time.
Antibiotics may help which is why I asked if a vet visit is possible.
I feed my hens purina it is filled with calcium and protein. I know it’s her breed that has these egg problems, she is a hybrid. Cinnamon queen is her breed. I cannot afford a vet visit unfortunately. Do you know if I can make anything at home to help her?

I feed my hens purina it is filled with calcium and protein. I know it’s her breed that has these egg problems, she is a hybrid. Cinnamon queen is her breed. I cannot afford a vet visit unfortunately. Do you know if I can make anything at home to help her?
Thank you. No I don't think you can make an antibiotic. How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom