My hen is sick

chicken lover45

Hatching
Aug 4, 2016
In the morning i went to let out my hens one of them had her tail down and seemed sad i gave her food but she refused the ordinary food i give her which is the food they sell in pet shops. She would only eat bread when i offered her some. I gave her a bath and dried her up. I dont really know what to do . im really worried about her. I dont want her to die.

First separate the hen from any other chickens you have. Chickens can get sick from all kinds of different things. Is there plant life around her that she can get to,is her coop kept clean and dry? Did you start her out on starter med when she was small? if not her immune system might not be up to par . Which mean she could have a chicken disease of some kind. Good news she just might be to hot and not want to eat much.Is she drinking normal? So with all of that, keep her seperated and watch her to see if she gets better or not.if she doesn't get better after a few days then you may have to make that descision of puting her down or not.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

I am sorry about your hen. I will go ahead and move this over to our emergency section. :hugs

Sargewar thanks for the help. I read some articles and thought she would have an egg trapped inside her. I was rubbing her belly when she started gassping for air and went crazy i think she was having a seizure unfortunetly she died.

that is very possible that's what happened, sorry for your loss of your loved hen , good luck with the rest.

Sargewar thanks for the help. I read some articles and thought she would have an egg trapped inside her. I was rubbing her belly when she started gassping for air and went crazy i think she was having a seizure unfortunetly she died.
I am so sorry you lost her.
hugs.gif

I hope your heavy heart heals soon.

Back
Top Bottom