My hen isnt better today!! Do I repeat treatments????

Granny23

Songster
Aug 2, 2021
Fontana, California
My hen with the crop issues isnt any better today.!!!! No food or water taken. She just sits where I put her with her eyes closed. What if anything should I do???
Nothing has changed. No stool. Nothing. Should I repeat the stool softener and the coconut oil massages? I did not treat her with miconazole yet. She is really thin and can't even walk. I was surprised she was alive this morning. Im so sad. This is my first major problem and she went downhill so fast...in just 2 days.
How do I rehydrate her?????
Now Ive found a hen with bumblefoot but that I can deal with. I only have 6 hens. The one with the crop issue is just over 2 yrs old.

Last edited:
My hen with the crop issues isnt any better today.!!!! No food or water taken. She just sits where I put her with her eyes closed. What if anything should I do???
Nothing has changed. No stool. Nothing. Should I repeat the stool softener and the coconut oil massages? I did not treat her with miconazole yet. She is really thin and can't even walk. I was surprised she was alive this morning. Im so sad. This is my first major problem and she went downhill so fast...in just 2 days.
How do I rehydrate her?????
Now Ive found a hen with bumblefoot but that I can deal with. I only have 6 hens. The one with the crop issue is just over 2 yrs old.
What exactly is the issue?
Sadly it has been my experience that by the time a hen gets that thin and won't move, eat or drink, she should be euthanized. She is not likely to make it and is just suffering.

What exactly is the issue?
Sadly it has been my experience that by the time a hen gets that thin and won't move, eat or drink, she should be euthanized. She is not likely to make it and is just suffering.
Two days ago we noticed her being odd but she was still eating and all. Then I felt her full crop when I picked her up after she didn't roost. I seperated her and in the morning it was still full. I did a bunch of recommended treatments and it obviously didn't help.
Unfortunately I think thats the case too. No regular vets are open today and no avian vet close. Emergency clinics are an option or Ill have to get my husband to do the deed. Im so sad.
Thank you though.

Two days ago we noticed her being odd but she was still eating and all. Then I felt her full crop when I picked her up after she didn't roost. I seperated her and in the morning it was still full. I did a bunch of recommended treatments and it obviously didn't help.
Unfortunately I think thats the case too. No regular vets are open today and no avian vet close. Emergency clinics are an option or Ill have to get my husband to do the deed. Im so sad.
Thank you though.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom