my hen lays eggs on the indoor couch

do you think a chick with NO rocks in their gizzard can eat yogurt?

they only need grit when they are eating things like corn or other whole grains as well as fresh veggies and seeds.. the grit is to help grind up the food (and I know many of the chick starters have some grit already in them)
So no.. if it's soft and mushy no grit is needed. i don't even give mine grit at all as chicks since our feed already has some in it.. plus by the time they are eating food that requires it they will be outside pecking in the dirt anyway.

I take it you have a weak baby?

Now after this whole thread I'm totally into seeing these couch chicks. I'll be following like a reality tv junkie. Can't wait for the pics!!! Just one question tho... What's momma's favorite tv show? Lol lol

Omg that's sooo cute! What breed is that? I'm new to this chicken biz but I have 3 three old sex links outside n 3 new lil chicks in the house. One rhode island red and two barred rock. But ur momma chicken is my kinda girl, stayed on the couch where it's warm n comfy!

Ugggg I meant 3 three mo old chickens outside so no ones laying yet but I'm super excited for fresh eggs, no roo's I'm just into it for yummy eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom