my hen lays eggs on the indoor couch

roostersandhens

Flap Your Wings!
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Saving Battery Hens at Happy Hen Chicken Rescue in
My Coop
My Coop
i have a black astralorp hen named olive who is now hatching eggs on a couch in my house! we let my chickens in the house and one day olive went to a room and layed an egg on the couch! now she is hatching them!! here is a pic of her as a chick!!

i will post pics of her chicks when they hatch!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Does anyone know of any little toy lke thingsa chick might want to play with. The chicks have a mirror they like that any other ideas?
cat toys.. the little balls
Mine always loved them... (especially the emus.. they liked to run around with them in their beaks)

plus the usual stuffed animal to snuggle with
i usually wait til the "after Easter 75% off sales" to stock up for lone chicks and also to give to the dogs as toys!

hanging bird toys too.. anything with a nice secure bell

edited to add:
clean branches to learn to roost on

Last edited:
Clever girl! She can watch TV if she gets bored LOL We had a huge old kitchen cupboard, half of which we never used, so my hens used to sneak into the kitchen to lay in there and one hen went broody in there too. I lined it with an old feed bag for the mess and let her be. She sat there and hatched her chicks eventually after which we kicked her out. A kitchen is not a good place for a broody and chicks!

sally sunshine you sm to know alot about chickens! how old are chicks when they leave the mom?
I have only had three broods with momma and they always hung out even grown! but I had to loose the roos : (
and if you mean leaving her side, thats a gradual natural thing they go farther and farther as they grow but never really far even grown.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom