My hens love live music!

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
Hello,

So, I decided to do a little experiment and see how my 7 golden sex links react to live music. So, this morning, I grabbed my ukulele, and I walked outside. They were all clucking and talking to me, like they were very happy to see me. I then played a very simple tune in front of them on my ukulele. When I started playing, they immediately went silent. They were all together by the fence of the run, just watching me and listening to me play. They were very silent, and their reaction was priceless. When I was done playing, I said, " did you girls enjoy the music?" They all started clucking like they wanted an encore. It was very funny.

Seriously, though. I'm beginning to believe that it's not just humans who love music, I think some animals love it also. I've seen videos where people play in front of a cattle field, and the cows come running to hear the music.

Now, my chickens do it. It's pretty amazing and pretty funny.

Jared

I believe so too!
My son is an excellent guitarist and he would go to the neighbors house behind us... they had one lone cow... and he would go into the field with the cow, sit down and play his guitar and the cow would stand there and would touch his nose to my sons head and just leave it there for a while!:).... she just seemed to enjoy it so..

Back
Top Bottom