My heritage breed pet turkey can’t walk 😔

Click on casportpony under her avatar picture, then click on Start Conversation at the bottom of the pop up.
Thank you. That did the trick.

R2Elk , You've helped me so much in the past. By chance do you know dosage info for pain medication like aspirin or ibuprofen for a turkey?

Thank you. That did the trick.

R2Elk , You've helped me so much in the past. By chance do you know dosage info for pain medication like aspirin or ibuprofen for a turkey?
I do not know dosage information because I don't treat poultry. My flock is very healthy. If any of my poultry ever appear to be sick (other than from known injuries), I cull them immediately to make sure it cannot spread to the rest of the flock. In the case of injuries that are not severe, I let them heal on their own. Turkeys in particular are very resilient and can heal quickly from pretty severe injuries without any help.

I do keep some Blu-Kote on hand since it helps keep other flock members from picking at any injuries.

Good luck.

O
I've read 5 aspirin/gallon of water for chickens... that could be a start. I'd try to get something poultry-specific from a vet if you can; I've only ever medicated with what has been provided by my exotics vet - generally this ends up being some form of livestock medication (meant for ruminants) in an adjusted dosage.

Actually, here are the deets for dosage at the bottom of this page under pain management and it discusses meloxicam as an anti-inflam and dosage, but this does need to be prescribed.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/how-to-care-for-injured-chicken-and/

Oh thank you!! I actually happen to have meloxicam!

I do not know dosage information because I don't treat poultry. My flock is very healthy. If any of my poultry ever appear to be sick (other than from known injuries), I cull them immediately to make sure it cannot spread to the rest of the flock. In the case of injuries that are not severe, I let them heal on their own. Turkeys in particular are very resilient and can heal quickly from pretty severe injuries without any help.

I do keep some Blu-Kote on hand since it helps keep other flock members from picking at any injuries.

Good luck.

Ok. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom