My Homemade Canadian Coop

How was the progress this weekend Mac?
Didn't make any this weekend because I wasn't home much. Friday evening I picked up a huge load of reclaimed deck timber and was pooped after doing that. Saturday I spent most of the day at the donkey sanctuary and went straight to my parents from there for the night. Just got home Sunday afternoon.

Tonight (Monday) I'm going to attempt the jack up the coop and reinforce the base with a few more bricks. Then I better organize the lumber pile a bit better so the neighbours don't get pissed at me 😅

Didn't make any this weekend because I wasn't home much. Friday evening I picked up a huge load of reclaimed deck timber and was pooped after doing that. Saturday I spent most of the day at the donkey sanctuary and went straight to my parents from there for the night. Just got home Sunday afternoon.

Tonight (Monday) I'm going to attempt the jack up the coop and reinforce the base with a few more bricks. Then I better organize the lumber pile a bit better so the neighbours don't get pissed at me 😅
Nice! That's still definitely progress! :highfive:

I did it @electrycmonk! I borrowed my dad's jack and managed to jack up the coop a few inches, enough that i could push a couple bricks back towards the middle using a long 1x1. And I didn't even die! Or break anything, myself included! :woot
Hopefully this means no one will fall through the floor. :yesss:

I did it @electrycmonk! I borrowed my dad's jack and managed to jack up the coop a few inches, enough that i could push a couple bricks back towards the middle using a long 1x1. And I didn't even die! Or break anything, myself included! :woot
Hopefully this means no one will fall through the floor. :yesss:
That reads like a solid success! I know I “over engineer” stuff often. I’m glad you were able to understand, adapt & move forward smoothly.

Slow and steady progress being made. At this point we're mostly adding stabilizers and filling in the gaps in the pallet walls. Need to build up the front wall another foot and then it will be almost ready to do the roof. My kitchen view is gonna be great!
20220518_185643.jpg

20220523_162142.jpg

20220523_162129.jpg
20220523_163424.jpg

Do you know what ship lapping means?

I’m Leary of the current look being the final outer surface with way to many mini air gaps. Drafty is what I see there
I will be covering the walls over in plywood and shakes. With our winters I'm definitely not keeping it as open as it is currently

Back
Top Bottom