My house smells like a barn!!

I kept my chicks in the house for about 5 weeks...I just couldn't take all the dust and poop so I had to kick 'em out to the big girls' coop. They seem happier being able to dust bathe and scratch around, though. I kinda miss the "brooder" smell when they're out in the big coop.
sad.png

my gosh, I could have written this post, except substitute ducks for turkeys. Mine are just now 6 weeks and have all the supplies and the foundation made, but the duck coop isn't done yet, so these stinky buggers are still in my family room. We are changing the towels twice a day and the shaving about every third or fourth towel change. The weather here in CA is crazy and still pouring and colder.. feels like November.. plus two jobs and full time school. I don't think I am ever going to get these ducks out of my family room
sad.png

Quote:
lol.png
Keep trying! I have more to sell
smile.png

ETA: and he'd be helping me get the BARN odors out of my house
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL...I am complaining about the poults..but must confess...
I have 6 ducklings,4 chicks and 3 goslings still in the house as well !!!
lau.gif

Try compressed pine pellets instead of shavings - less dust and less smell. The pellets absorb the moisture from the poo faster and dry poo doesnt' stink.

A.T. Hagan :

I've got about twenty 7-week old poults in an open bay of my shop and they're making my shop stink. In my HOUSE? No way!

ROFL.... I wish I had a shop!! They'd certainly be there instead!
lol.png

Quote:
LOL...I am complaining about the poults..but must confess...
I have 6 ducklings,4 chicks and 3 goslings still in the house as well !!!
lau.gif

sickbyc.gif

You do realize that every cloth thing (couches and such included) in your house is absorbing those odors and it's going to next to impossible to get the smell out?

TAKE THE ASPEN SHAVEINGS OUT! ITS POISINOUS TO THEM! I HAVE LOST 15 TURKEYS TO IT! sorry caps lol!really though it is poisinous.
hmm.png
Opps just now say that they r out lols sorry i am very new!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom