My house STINKS!!!!

I have dogs but they have never been inside and I imagine the smell would really be bad if I let them in lol.

Quote:
Ugh, I remember doing that. Last time I tore the tank down I scrubbed the whole thing down with bleach rinsed the heck out of it and let it sit over night. The fish lived in a 5 gal bucket until I put the tank back together.

You'd be surprised how fast a corpse can screw up the nitrate/nitrite balance.

Odoban works great, we used it on an apartment that had a smoker living in it. Talk about peeee-yoooooo..

Odoban smells like Eucalyptus trees

I feel for you. I know how sticky a dead but missing fish can be. My last fish died of old age a few years back and I'm not getting any more. It was a pain moving them when we moved back and forth from dorm to house to different house to dorm and back to house.

And it made my dorm mates mad when I couldn't find the smelly fish in the dorm room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have heating/AC registers in your floor? Could it have flopped to one of those and fallen through the slats?

Good luck....

That happened to us once. The fish dissapeared, we never did find any trace of it. We didn't have any smell though. Do you have cats? Was it a big fish? If you have other pets, they could've carried it away and say, buried it in a couch, or something?

No other pets beside the 4 that walk upright and call me mama.
smile.png
They haven't seen it either. My ac vents are in the ceiling. Good news today though... the smell is gone. Evidently the stinky part is passed. We will probably find a fish carcass years from now under something.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom