My how we've grown!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, May 23, 2010.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    February 14th, Valentine's Day, my Muscovy babies hatched.
    [​IMG]

Today, 3 months and 8 days later.
    [​IMG]

My 3 drakes are a little over 12 lbs each. We weighed them today. The 2 ducks are 6 lbs each.

It's just amazing how fast they've grown!

This is one of the ducks we adopted from 17Roses. They're in with the above Muscovy's.
    [​IMG]

This is another 2 of the ducks we adopted from 17Roses. There's a black hen as well but she's sitting on eggs.
    [​IMG]

Laurie

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Amazing how fast they grow up! They are beautiful!

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i know ducklings are soooo cute but grow tooo fast. your ducks are pretty [​IMG] i have ducklings that are a little over a week old. they are growing fast [​IMG] i don't like it. i told them not to sleep anymore lol.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They're all beautiful, I really love the look of the one in the second picture, 2nd from the right..just beautiful!

I have the prettiest little chocolate baby in my older bunch, she's gonna be so gorgeous, i cant wait til shes all featherd in [​IMG]

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:She's gorgeous. I agree! They're just monsters! I can't get over how huge the drakes are. At 3 months old! LOL

I told my grandson today if they get much bigger that I'm going to put a saddle on them and he can ride them.

A month ago that pen that they're in had 8 inch high grass in it. Not anymore. I let them out to free range for a couple of hours a day. Today the drakes were trying to fly. They're so heavy, they're not going anywhere. ROFL!!

6. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    WOW! if they could just stay little ....they are so cute when they are tiny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by