1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Hubby and his Lap Turkey

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MyShunshyn, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    My Husband has created a monster....... Tony the Turkey has become a LAP TURKEY! See for Yourself...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BUt he is Soooooo Cute!

2. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Fun! Thanks for posting
    [​IMG]

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Can ya picture him full grown wanting to snuggle in your hubbies lap. That would make a funny pic. [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Sooo cute! What kind of turkey is it? Royal Palm maybe? I just bought my first two turkey poults a few weeks ago, and I just love them!

5. MyShunshyn

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    Quote:Yes he is a Royal Palm...... already getting the black feather markings.... I am gonna miss that fuzzy lil head soon when he goes BALD!

@ BooBear.. I am SURE he will be in someones lap when he is full grown and there will DEFINATELY be pics!

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:Yes he is a Royal Palm...... already getting the black feather markings.... I am gonna miss that fuzzy lil head soon when he goes BALD!

@ BooBear.. I am SURE he will be in someones lap when he is full grown and there will DEFINATELY be pics!

Oh, I know! They do go bald.....I wish they kept the fuzz on their necks and heads.....How old are is your little turkey? Mine are just under two weeks old and still small. I have a Royal Palm and a Blue Slate......LOVE EM! They seem kind of slower or more layed back, in comparison to chicks.....

8. MyShunshyn

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK

Oh, I know! They do go bald.....I wish they kept the fuzz on their necks and heads.....How old are is your little turkey? Mine are just under two weeks old and still small. I have a Royal Palm and a Blue Slate......LOVE EM! They seem kind of slower or more layed back, in comparison to chicks.....

I wanna say Tony is about 4 weeks old going on 5 weeks, cant remember exactly when we picked him up. He has been with the chicks since day one and thinks he is a chicken.. LOL and he is the first one to come running when I go out to the pen.... [​IMG]

9. Shikens!

Shikens! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    That hen in the crook of his arm has a hilarious expression on her face! Hahahahaha! "Great. THIS should be fun when that squirt is the size of a small car!"

10. mrs918

mrs918 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by