My Hubby And I Built Miss Prissy's Styrofoam Incubator!

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
After reading about Miss Prissy's styrofoam incubator my hubby and I made one! We got free eggs from a friend who obviously has fertile chicks. Her hens have several batches of their own chicks running around.

I have no idea what will hatch, if anything. My friend has an assortment of chickens in her flock. But the surprise makes this fun.

By the way, the humidity in my incubator is between 45% and 47%. I am trying the dry incubation. Are these numbers fine?

Those numbers are OK. Is there any water in your incubator at all? If so, I would let some evaporate and try to get it down to around 40%. If you are dry incubating, you generally don't add any water until day 18.

Edited to say...welcome to the Miss Prissy Incubator Club!! I have 2 of them...a small one that I use to just incubate and then transfer the eggs over to the large one on day 18 for hatching. I LOVE them...especially now that I fixed my thermostat problem!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no water in my incubator. I think that the humidity levels are that high because of my area's mugginess. For some reason the humidity in my incubator is the same humidity in my house! Don't you have high humidity in Florida?

So, is your hatching incubator made the same way as your smaller one only bigger?

Hooray for Miss Prissy. Her simple directions inspired my hubby and I to try something that we wouldn't have dreamed of trying before.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Woot! Good luck with your hatch. Keep us posted as you progress. Remember we also like to see photos of those fuzzy butts when they are fluffy and dry.

The link is in my signature line.

Back
Top Bottom