My humidity 85% during hatching AAAHHH how to get it down???

DutchChicky

Songster
11 Years
Jul 4, 2008
S.Jersey
my humidity went way up, all by itself during hatching. With the first 5 chicks it was OK, but then it went up and up, it was 83%. Cracked open the lid, but went down to 50%, so closed it again. Now this morning have a couple more chicks ( yeah) , but still have 12 eggs not hatched.
how do I get it down without opening and compromising the hatch
please if somebody knows .............or tell me to relax and let nature take it's course , maybe i'm over reacting??!!?
also , that these little rascalls , stumble and almost throw the remaining eggs around in there, is that healthy for those unborn chicks. I'm getting dizzy just looking at those poor eggs being shuffeld around

I have a Hovabator still air, had them in my LG forced air during incubating and moved over in the HB to hatch. The humidity was between 60-70 before any hatched so thought I had it down, but now......

The humidity always goes up when chicks hatch. My incubator glass got foggy from the hatching chicks and everything was fine...all hatched. Went up to about 75-80%.

The buggers are just giving me hartburn!!! because I'm stressing while I should just stay away, like everybody says !!
I'm putting a few pic's

12715_img_0471.jpg

12715_img_0473.jpg

Humidity always goes up when the chicks start to hatch. Opening the bator after pipping can ruin the rest trying to pip and zip out.

Mine did the same thing yesterday. All chicks hatched (9 for 9) and are in the brooder. I don't think you need to worry too much. Your chicks are real cute.

Back
Top Bottom